Inside China

Labels:

4


You may not know who I am, or what I do, but one thing is for sure. I am not a Chinese soldier. I am not one of those 2.3 million who are banned from blogging or creating their own websites, as a soldier or not, in China.

The great internet censorship in China is sometimes dubbed as "The great FIREWALL of China". And they are not joking.

China is a country with extreme dictatorship. Everything is state-controlled. Sometimes good comes of it.

My uncle who had been to China told me that all land in China belonged to the government. You can't own houses. You can only lease them for a specific period. This means that the Chinese, unlike the Indians don't waste their life's earnings in buying a site, building a house etc. They buy other things like fancy cars and (duplicate) gadgets with the same money and help grow their country's GDP. In the end no one loses anything and everyone (who is Chinese) stands to gain from this.

Honestly, that's one heck of an idea. At least to me.

But sometimes, the dictatorship isn't so good. The internet censorship is one example. They have minimal contact with the outside world, meaning that all deals go on in Chinese when you go to China. Unlike India.


The government wants the media to say something that only it wants to hear. And that my friend, frankly speaking, stinks.



It got me thinking...maybe if India didn't have democracy, if the British never invaded India, if we still had (by magic) one country under one (hindu) king, how different would things be?

I guess we would be a bit like China, only better. I guess I would still be blogging, probably in kannada or hindi (or sanskrit??). And parts of my blog would be censored... :P

Yes, life would stink...no controversial books to read, no neutral opinions in the media..but that's about me and you.

What about the non-blogging, non-media savvy type of common person? I guess he would be happy. If the king was not of the villainous (dushtabuddhi) - type that is.

Overall, the aam jananta, the common man (who is poor) would get benefited. Most probably. A brilliant example being the Maoist Kerala.

All our materialistic aims would have gotten fulfilled. Not the intellectual ones. Some of them atleast.




Maybe its true when they say that democracy is not for a poor country like India.


                           

Maybe.

4 Response to "Inside China"

  1. Vinayak says:

    nice post dude
    this is a gr8 blog
    good job
    keep blogging

    Suraj says:

    thanks dude, whoever you u are! ;)

    VeeKay says:

    nice post buddy.. really I have the same views regarding this issue.. I personally hate democracy n believe in one man dictatorship but all my friends look at me wid a smirk lol Good that I found a person who thinks alike..nice post again.. keep bloggin :)

    Yea..common man wud benefit for sure....!!And kerala has a marxist party right?is it maoist?

Post a Comment

    Created by Suraj. Powered by Blogger.

    Followers